Our Certified Scrum Master Workshop is taught with a mixture of discussion, activities, and a practicum that is designed to make the material "sticky"; so that you retain what you've learned. You will be engaged, learning and involved for the two days.
A Certified Scrum Master helps project teams properly use Scrum, increasing the likelihood of the project's overall success. CSMs understand Scrum values, practices, and applications and provide a level of knowledge and expertise above and beyond that of typical project managers. CSMs act as "servant leaders," helping the rest of the Scrum team work together and learn the Scrum framework. CSMs also protect the team from both internal and external distractions.
- Foundations of Agile Thinking - empirical process control, dynamic change and complex adaptive systems.
- Understanding the Scrum Framework - overview of the roles, ceremonies, artifacts, tools and techniques of Scrum and the importance of feedback loops.
- Scrum Roles A Deeper Drive - Exploration of the role of Scrum Master as servant leader, working with the Product Owner and Development Team, facilitating for results, and the relationship between good project management technigues and the Scrum framework.
- Leveraging the five levels Agile Planning - from vision to road mapping and release planning to sprint planning and daily planning
- The Care and Feeding of the Product Backlog - How do Scrum Master's support the Product Owner in creating and managing the product backlog? We'll practice writing user stories and other good product backlog management techniques
- Agile Estimating - The case for story points and how to help your teams get started
- Sprinting - Facilitating the daily scrum and other Scrum Master activities during the Sprint
- Sprint Demo and Review - Our trainers shares their practical experience at facilitating effective Sprint Reviews
- Sprint Retrospectives - You will leave class understanding the importance of incremental improvement and the structure of a good retrospective
- Practicum - We will practice what we've learned by building a product increment using Scrum - right in class!